Legal Representation In Criminal And Civil Matters
Criminal defense attorneys at THE WOLF LAW FIRM offer legal counsel and guidance in many different legal matters. Listed below are just some of the types of cases that we handle. To discuss any of these issues further, or to determine if we can help you in a different situation, contact our Lake Orion office.
- White Collar Crime: Embezzlement, fraud, Internet, computer crimes and RICO cases are among the many white collar matters handled by our firm.
- Health Care Fraud: Our experienced fraud attorneys represent doctors, physicians, dentists, podiatrists, chiropractors, physical therapists and other medical personnel who are wrongfully accused of Medicare, Medicaid or other types of health care fraud. We also assist individuals in prosecuting qui tam and False Claims Act actions.
- Computer Crimes: We provide an aggressive criminal defense for clients charged with cyber crimes, including Internet fraud, identify theft, bullying, and Internet sex crimes.
- Criminal and Civil Asset Forfeiture: Our comprehensive approach to criminal defense includes representing clients in any civil or criminal asset forfeiture proceedings.
- Search Warrants and Subpoenas: Whether a warrant has been issued for your arrest, you have been served with a search warrant, or you have been issued a subpoena, know your rights. Talk with an experienced lawyer as soon as possible.
- Drunk Driving Defense – OWI/DUI/OUIL/OWVI: We represent individuals, business owners, their employees or family members who have been charged with drunk driving and drinking-related offenses and operating under the influence of drugs. We also represent clients who are under the age of 21 against minor in possession (MIP) charges.
- Second Amendment gun rights: We protect the right to possess firearms of law-abiding individuals who may be in danger of losing their rights. We handle issues such as self-defense, carrying a concealed weapon (CCW) and obtaining a concealed pistol license (CPL). We also handle certain cases if you were in possession of a firearm while committing a felony.
- Juvenile crimes: We understand that young people make immature mistakes. If you or your child has been charged with a juvenile crime, our attorneys, who include former juvenile court prosecutors, can provide aggressive representation.
- Miscellaneous misdemeanors: Misdemeanor offenses including domestic violence, driving while suspended, disorderly persons and violation of dog ordinances.
- Business Litigation: A range of business litigation matters are confidently handled by our firm, including contract and shareholder disputes, non-compete agreements, injunctions, independent contractor or manufacturers’ representatives commission issues, collections, fraud and franchise law.
- Insurance Subrogation: We represent insurance companies and private corporations seeking reimbursement of an insurance claim or a loss payment from the party that caused the damage.
- Serious Personal Injuries: Our team represents people seriously injured in car, truck, motorcycle and pedestrian accidents, as well as explosion and fire catastrophes. We also handle property liability claims involving automatic door malfunctions, dog bites and slip-and-fall accidents. Working with medical economists and life-care planners, we quantify the financial impact of head injuries, brain damage, paraplegia or quadriplegia, amputations, puncture wounds, burns or scarring.
- Life Insurance Policy – Unpaid Claims: Our office represents beneficiaries of life insurance policies in cases where an insurer has wrongfully refused to pay a death benefit due to an alleged suicide or misrepresentation in a life insurance policy or application.
- Employment Law: Our attorneys advise and represent clients in matters related to overtime, severance pay and compliance with state and federal law. We review non-compete and confidentiality agreements, employee handbooks and allegations involving harassment and discrimination.
- Whistleblower / Qui Tam Representation: We represent whistleblowers in cases involving corporate or government corruption. We also represent individuals (qui tam relaters) who witness and report fraud against the government through misrepresentations, the False Claims Act, overbilling, false invoices or other scams.
- Internal investigations/fraud investigations: Our legal staff is able to handle internal investigations for private companies and municipal and religious entities that are seeking outside assistance in documenting or uncovering possible wrongdoing in lieu of or in assistance to their in-house counsel.
State And Federal Appeals
- Civil and Criminal Appeals: Our appellate attorneys are experienced in the state and federal courts and can handle many different types of civil and criminal appeals for individual and businesses clients.
Our firm can act as trial counsel, co-counsel or consultants to other lawyers if they are seeking litigation or appellate assistance on a case. Also, if you are a member of the public and looking for an attorney who can represent you in an area that we do not handle, we would be happy to refer you to a legal professional experienced in that particular specialty.
Contact us by email or by calling our Lake Orion law office at 866-820-9574 to learn more about how our services can be tailored to suit your particular case or needs.